Project Name :
Income generation of Beekeepers through Sustainable Beekeeping and Honey Production – A value chain Project.
Project area :a) Tangail : Mirzapur, Shakhipur, Gopalpur, Bhuapur, Ghatail, Madhupur.
b) Gazipur : Gazipur Sadar, Sreepur, Kaliganj and Kapasia.
c) Sirajganj : Ullapara. d) Khulna : Kaira. e) Narayanganj : Sonargaon.
Project Duration :August 2016-July 2019 ( 3 Years)
Project Partner :Palli Karma Shahayak Foundation (PKSF) under Promoting Agricultural Commercialization and Enterprises (PACE) Project.
Majoractivities of the project:
- Skill development Trainingfor Beekeepers
- EntrepreneurshipTraining for Installation of Honey processing Plant for the PotentialBeekeepers
- Training of Honey Crop Producers for enhancedcrop production through Beekeeping.
- Base line Survey of theBeneficiary ( Bee Farmers and Honey Crop Producers) in the Project area.
- Bi-Monthly workersmeeting on project activities and achievement.
- Establishment of a minilaboratory on Beekeeping, Bee product and related activities.
- Introduction of FlowHive Beekeeping, Automatic Comb Foundation Sheet Preparation Machine, PollenCollection by Pollen Trap, Mini pack Machine for Honey Packaging for marketextension of honey.
Introduction of modernand scientific equipment, viz. SS Honey Extractor Machine, Food grade containerfor honey storage and marketing in favor of hygienic and sustainable Beekeeping
Conduct Research onHoney Bee pollination in the Honey Crop Field in favor of enhanced cropproduction through cross pollination.
1.Bee product market promotion and advocacy activities, viz.
a)Work shop on Honey Branding and Honey Marketing
b)Participation in 7 fairs with honey and related Bee product in local and National level.
c)Publication of Beekeeping related features in the Print Media.
d)Publication of Leaflet on Honey and Beekeeping.
e)Publication of honey production Planning Chart round the year.
f)Sharing meeting with the Exporters regarding honey export
2.Conduct Workshop on Beekeeping, Bee product and Honey Crop cultivation,viz.
a)Upozilla level 6(six)
b)National level 1(one)
3.Final Evaluation and Report Publication on Project activities.
4.Study tour of 50 (Fifty) Beekeepers with a view to have sharing with each other and acquire technical knowledge with appropriate information.
5.Provide Technical information and possible solution for the Beekeepers throughout the Country.
Honey Crop Producers