Project Name :
Empowering through WASH
Project area :Bagerhat and Satkhira municipality, Khulna
Project Duration :January 2011 to December 2015
Project Partner :Dutch WASH Alliance – Financial & Technical Partner
. Association for Social Advancement – Implementing Partner
• Practical Action, Bangladesh - Implementing Partner
BASA has installed water and hygiene facilities with the cooperation of municipalities. BASA also provided training, awareness program for creating adequate motivation on environmental aspect and creating a sense of ownership and cooperation within the community and the municipality
• Create awareness among the stakeholders of Bagerhat and Satkhira municipality for improved water and sanitation conditions and behavioral changes for hygiene promotion.
• Capacity building of the municipal authority, relevant government offices, CBOs and the target people.
• Introduction of appropriate technologies in water and sanitation, suitable for local condition and creation of facilities for the target groups.
• Bringing about necessary policy changes and enforcing rules, through lobbying and advocacy, to improve water and sanitation conditions leading to 100% coverage by the year 2015.
Outcome of the Project:
• Raised awareness on personal hygiene, hand washing, cleanliness and solid waste management
• Solved safe drinking water problems and improved toilet facilities
• Declined water born diseases
• Behavioral change for using of toilets
• Enhanced integrity & solidarity among community people.