Bangladesh Association for Social Advancement (BASA) started Micro Finance Programme for poverty alleviation since 1991. BASA’s Micro Finance Programme covers poor and ultra poor . This programme is continuously expanding in various areas of its working area.The objective of this program is to reduce poverty and increase GDP, create job opportunities for unemployed men & women and empowerment of women for sustainable socio-economic development. BASA’s credit programme is operated through the fund of Palli Karma Sahayak Foundation (PKSF), member’s savings and self equity of BASA.Recently BASA is using bank loan at market rate to meet the increased demand of it's clients. Other livelihood support programme are being implemented by different social projects of BASA .
Specific Objectives of Micro CreditProgrammes :
- Increase income of the member-beneficiaries
- To improve social status , through awareness development
- To involve women as economic performers in utilization of funds, increase savings and involving whole family in income generating activities.
- Through proper using of loan increasing income level of the poor
- To create responsibility of each group members, generate income of poor families, improve leadership quality and also increase the professional skill.
- Upgrading living standard of the poor families through creating employment opportunity of the rural poor.